I started three days ago to clean up my sewing/craft room. I bagged all the crafty gadgets, paints, brushes, etc. Sold them right away. Then I bagged oodles of scrap booking materials and have posted them on craigslist for sale. With that done it began to feel lighter and roomier in there.
Next I started going through all my material, and let me tell you, I have tons. Most of what got bagged I got rid of only because none of the scraps were big enough for anything I might make in the near future. Six bags later, I'm really seeing some change.
I sure wish I had taken pics of my before disaster room, but it really was an embarrassing mess. I then had my hubby remove a long shelf I had used for sitting at and making the paper crafts and stuff and had him put it above my other window for my basket storage. Then I had him move all my heavy tables and things around until he got them where I wanted them. Once that was done I set out to sort through all my lace and trim. Man, how does one collect so much stuff. In between sorting loads of that I also folded and arranged all my material I planned to keep.
I must say I am very pleased with how it all turned out.
Even with all the work of cleaning and sweeping and garbage emptying, I couldn't slow down once it really started shaping up.
Once I felt it was perfect enough to use comfortably, I breathed a sigh of relief. Pooped, but finished.
The only thing I'm gonna be working on in the near future, besides a few sewing projects, is making some curtains for my windows and putting up ceiling panels to complete the room. Next Summer I may even throw on a little bit of fresh paint on the walls.
For now, I can get in the groove with my rearranged and relaxing space I call my 'Sanity' room. I love the peace and quite time where my creative juices can flow and I can amaze myself at what I can accomplish.













2 comments:
Oh, my wish my sewing room was that organized! Maybe I should put that on my todo list. I hardly spend time up there as it's colder this time of year. I like doing stuff on my dining table near my kitchen. Guess I am just lazy.
Karen, I love to actually sew in the house with the woodstove and a tv noise in the background, but hubby went to the expense of my own room, so who am I to complain, right? I must say I do love the peace and quiet I get. My creative juices work much better.
Post a Comment