And that bug is what we all call the flu bug. So many I know have already been hit with it and now I've been laid up for four days with it so have not been able to get out and enjoy our fall weather. We've had rain now for a couple of days and it always smells so nice out here when it does. I use to love running in the rain when I was a kid. After getting soaked and having a blast doing so, I would then go in and take a nice warm shower. I have since then always looked forward to a good rain. Living up here in the high desert it does'nt come around all that often so when it does I try to enjoy what I can. I must say having to have a fire in the wood stove has also added to the wonderful smells of the outdoors rain and all.
Last Saturday I went to the farmers market to pass out some flyers hoping to recruit some farmgirls into our Chapter. I met one lady who makes her own dog biscuits and one who crochets and knits. I would like to try my hand at crocheting again as it has been many years since I first tried my hand at it and made a coverlet for my moms bed.
With winter coming soon it will be time to start planning lots of indoor activites and I hope to meet some other farmgirls with different interests so that I could learn from them. I have even thought of taking a yoga class as it is something I've always wanted to do.
So now its time for a hot cup of tea and a little more rest to get over this bug. Then I hope to get out there and do some more recruiting. In the meantime, hope everyone stays warm, stays healthy and enjoys their fall.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment