| April & MaryGail |
We mosied around the lovely store before going down by the river to join our driver, Johnnie, a tour guide for 23 years who had expert knowledge and the history of the Rogue River and the critters and their habitats. He was a man of great humor and made the trip very fun and fascinating to all.
We saw bald eagles, a turtle, deer and several fishing boats up and down the river. Look at the size of salmon these gals caught! That's a lot of fish.
The sights were so beautiful all along the river. I especially liked seeing flowers in bloom along the rivers bank and every now and then a stray flower sticking up out of a boulder all by itself.
| Mouth of Hellgate |
From here we went back to have lunch at the owners private home called the OK Corral.
A large and beautiful log home with a huge veranda overlooking the hillside to the rivers edge.
We were served barbeque chicken, scalloped potatoes, green salad, rolls and cornbread and for dessert, berry cobbler with cream. There was iced tea and lemonade to drink and the views from the veranda were spectacular as well.
Once lunch was over we were back on the river where Johnnie gave us a different kind of ride to remember. He occassionally would do a 360 turn or come to a quick stop were some of us enjoyed the spray of the cold water. I did'nt hear anyone complaining and I think it made a few of us feel young again.
It was hard to say goodbye to the river and head toward home, but back on the road we took a detour along the countryside and found a couple of produce stands and picked up a few vegetables to take home. Closer to home, between Medford and Klamath Falls, we stopped along the roadside and picked blackberries. There are some really nice plump ones and some still waiting to ripen. You think I got a large enough bucket? I could have picked for days. I think I got enough blackberries to make a really nice cobbler.
Hope you enjoyed the journey into Hellgate and thanks for stopping by.










2 comments:
Oh wow.. You guys had a super time.. Wish I could have joined you... great pictures.
Cheryl
Hi Gail, Those photos are stunning!! Beautiful, just beautiful.
I just added a list of Oregon bloggers on my blog and Cheryl told me about you. Are you interested in joining the crowd - lol, actually so far I have 3 listed - we are a small group but mighty :)
Check out my blog and let me know.
Marla
Post a Comment