Three hours and a little help from my brother-in-law, I got all the brick laid for my path. It still needs a bit of tweakin' around the edges, but I think it will work just fine. A little bump here and there will give it just the right amount of a fun stroll. I think I'll plant some steppables along the sides and put a couple of my galvanized buckets by the door filled with lavender. What do you think?
It sure beats walking through mud and dirt only to track it inside and having to remove my shoes as soon as I enter. That floor is really cold in the winter.
I can picture a small roof overhanging the door area to keep the rain from going inside when you enter. A door with windows to bring in the early morning light would be awesome. Haven't found one of those yet, but still looking. I'm sure I could go on and on with ways to spruce it up around the outside. I have lots of ideas.
With this project complete, I think I'll go and sit a spell and finish up a book I have been reading, as it was hard to put down for awhile. I'll just go soak up some much needed sun on my ever so white body, and take in some vitamin D along the way.
If you happen to be in the neighborhood, stop on by and enjoy a nice iced cold glass of sun tea with me. I would enjoy the company.
Monday, May 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
Great job! Looks marvelous! Love pathways in a garden - you'll love it! I can't get enough of lavender - so I'd vote yes!
Kathy
It looks just wonderful, and buckets of lavender at the entrance ... oh yes! You may also want a screen door, so the lavender smell comes in and not the bugs... or do you already have one of those?
I need to get some pavers too so I can get to the chicken coop without the mud.
Just thought of something - have you tried the Habitat store in town, they may have the door you are looking for.
Yvette
Thanks ladies. I just love lavender and it is one of the things around here that the deer will not touch.
Post a Comment