Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Hot Yummy Cinnamon Rolls

             This is how I spent my morning, with my dear friend Pam, who showed me how to make cinnamon rolls. Now these are not my typical kind of rolls. The kind you take from the refrigerator and pop open. These are the good old fashioned yeast cinnamon rolls that you actually have to knead, let rise and all that.

Pam mixes everything up into the mixing bowl and covers it until it has risen to twice the size.

She then places it onto her counter and kneads it several times and then rolls it out to this monster size.   

Once she gets it to the size she wants, she spreads softened butter all over it. Then we sprinkle a cinnamon, sugar mix over the top along with about 2 cups of chopped walnuts.

We then start rolling it up to this nice large roll and then proceed to slice it into bun rolls and put them onto cookie sheets to rise for a bit longer.


Once they have risen, and are out of the oven, Pam puts this nice light icing over the tops and after they have cooled we individually wrapped them for the freezer.

Look at how nice they turned out. Makes your mouth water just thinking about how they almost melt in your mouth fresh from the oven.

              Truly, cinnalicious!!!! ( my word for them)

Now if I can just talk her out of the recipe.........

3 comments:

Penny said...

Ohhh those look so good...thank you for joining my site...Our Georgia Farm...I have also enjoyed your site...I off to look at it some more...It is so nice to have the MJF girls around...

Unknown said...

Why doesn't she weight 500 #...I would...those look over the moon!!!! I know you enjoyed every bite.

Unknown said...

Yummy..but you made them without inviting me to come taste test them..what's that about.?
Bet they were good and you had a good time..
Cheryl