Like when you are deep into a cave and your light goes out?
![]() |
| it would probably look something like this |
I told my husband of this and decided to shut down my computer and unplug it around 6:30pm. Since he was still working on his computer, he asked I keep the power on. So eventually I went off to bed only to be awakened by my hubby at 11:30pm with him asking me "Did you shut down the computer because it's now completely dark?"
HELLO !!!!!!!
Wake me up?
From a deep sleep?
Into pitch black?
What was he thinking?
Oh my Gosh..... I am now in panic mode.
I cannot breath, I cannot see anything.
What's going on?
I am trying to get my senses about me. Am I awake? Am I dreaming? I know I am breathing really hard right now, trying to figure things out. I soon hear my hubby sound asleep, snoring as if nothing in the world is wrong.
I can't breath. I am feeling as though someone has buried me alive. There is no light anywhere, the air is being sucked out of my space.
I am like this for what feels like forever, only just minutes have passed and suddenly my hand is reaching over to my bedside table and suddenly finds a flashlight. (I keep one there all the time, duh), I grab it, jump up out of bed, turn it on and proceed to the bathroom. After relieving myself (thankfully not any sooner) and now with light in hand, I walk back to the bedroom, open the blinds and stare up at the stars.
Thank you God. I can breathe again.
With all the darkness, everything around me seems to be gone, but there is still light up above. I have Hope.
And here, just when I thought I was becoming a fairly good "Prepper", it turns out that I was totally not prepared for this.
Is it because I truely fear the total darkness?
Or because I was woken up so unexpectantly? I dare say, a little of both.
You ask yourself, how do I prepare for something like this if it were to happen again?
Are your ready?
Lock the damn husband out of the bedroom.
That's how I'd do it.
How about you?










2 comments:
Hi Gail,
Thankyou for stoping by my site. always nice to see a new name.
I have found with men its a good idea to pin little notes to their shirts.
Nancy Jo
These little bouts of total darkness are to show us how NOT ready we are for longer periods of darkness. Get lots of candles, lots of lighters and oil lamps. If you have camping equipment, make sure you have propane and batteries.
I still want to throw a switch to have light when total darkness descends, but learn from each incident.
Thanks for the story!
Yvette
Post a Comment