Monday, December 3, 2012

My Wish From You

This year is the first time in my adult life that I will not be decorating for Christmas. This does make me somewhat sad but I am counting on all my blogging friends to make my wish come true.

Here's my wish.
I wish that each of you will continue to post many pictures of your holiday decorations and continue to share your dessert recipes, your craft ideas and your wonderful stories. Now that wasn't so bad to ask, was it? I know I have never been dissapointed in anyone. I always look forward to seeing the many beautiful blogs and the great ideas and decor so many of you share with all of us.

You see, this is my favorite Holiday I look forward to. Only because it makes so many people smile when they see all the beautiful lights, smell all the wonderful smells of pine or cinnamon, the many desserts and yummy dishes that are made. The sound of the Christmas music and the delight of the children seeing Santa. People reaching out to their neighbor, maybe speaking for the first time in a year. This is a Holiday that brings out so much love in everyone who believes. You get what I'm trying to say.

I would rather be sharing my fudge recipe with a friend, baking loaves of bread to give to a neighbor, wrapping a secret gift for someone in need, making that special something for someone I love. But this year brings me in another place. One where you can't think of much else other than the pain you are in, disappointed because everything you try to do puts you in more pain, and asking yourself when will this end?

The reason I write this is because I do not have the energy to figure out how to repair my computer at this time and also knowing I will be taking a break for a few months to recuperate. You see, I will be rather busy having what I believe they call the big H (hysterectomy). So I will not be able to endulge in all the fun activities and shopping I would much rather be doing. I won't be making the tons of candy and desserts I so love to give. I won't be able to help the charities I so love to give to. Lately the most Christmas enjoyment I have been getting is lying in bed watching all the great old Christmas stories on tv.

As I write this my body is telling me I have sat up long enough. I just wanted to let you know that once my spirit and health is back, I will fix my computer problem and be back in the blogging world.

Until then, may you all have a Merry Christmas and a very happy and healthy New Year.

God bless you all,
Gail

 


1 comment:

Nancy said...

God's healing and grace, Gail. Come back soon!

Nancy