Monday, September 16, 2013

Fort Klamath Event

What a weekend of fun I just had up at Fort Klamath doing one of our Civil War events. My friend Margie and I set up a station to resemble one of a washer woman and her family during the actual Civil War. We then had a photographer who took the old time pics of us. Many of the public came and joined in on the fun.
Not only did we have a great event but several people joined our club after seeing what fun we have. I can't wait to see what persona each of the newbies will portray at next years' events. I love learning and teaching the history of the war to those who choose to stop by and spend a bit of their time with each of us.



There was cannon fire and ladies in distress. We had the Sanitary Commision speaking to the public, the Blacksmith was forging out new wares. The Refugee woman was cooking over an open fire. We had our Victorian tea party, which is always so much a treat. Sunday morning we have church services and then after things begin to pick up all about the camp.
The weather was perfect and by the end of the day a large banquet of food was spread out to the soldiers and to the civilians where everyone ate and enjoyed and laughed well into the night.
With Winter not far away, I have lots of projects to begin, repairs to be made and time to get all my Civil War gear into one place. My mind keeps spinning with ideas of many things I hope to accomplish. I don't think I will have time to brood when snow finally hits the ground.


1 comment:

Nancy said...

Congratulations on the great weekend weather! The autumn to-do list always seems to last longer than the autumn weather!

Nancy
http://www.liveasavorylife.com