Today I went and did the co op garden and harvested veggies for about an hour then did all the weeding which took a little over an hour. This is one tuckered woman.
The bush beans are going nuts. With all the produce ripe, I must have collected 45 pounds of beans, squash, onion, chard, peppers and tomatoe. I was just overwhelmed by how much there was to harvest and way too tired to take it all home to freeze, so instead I gave it all away. Boy do those men at hubby's work love to see me coming on garden day. I'm just truely grateful that someone appreciates all the work I have put into this garden. I know most of these guys have large families to feed, so it all went to a good cause.
Next harvest I will probably start making some salsa so long as all those tomatoes start to ripen.
For now its time to finish cleaning house and getting things ready for a yard sale.
Monday, August 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
Good Job girl... I will go out there Friday.
Should be more squash & tomatoes by then I am sure.. Mine here at home sure are producing too.. Many Breans. Tomatoes are slow to ripen but I weeded here & picked my beans too...
Take a nice bath and relax tonight. My sinus are totally blocked So a steam bath was in order for me too...
so glad I found you in Blogland. I am from Southern calif. Me and my hubby were on a road trip with our boys this summer and drove through Oregon and stayed in Bend (one of my favorite places on earth). We are looking for a move when our youngest finishes high school. I am a farm girl at heart. WE are checking out Colorado next week! Maybe some day soon I will have my own farm photos to share!!
Warm wishes,
KAREN EILEEN
Post a Comment