Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Old fashioned candy

Old fashioned candy is not a thing of the past. At least not in my house. While out shopping, once again,  I happened upon these bags of '50's' candies in Ross. I'm not sure I know what each of these candies are or what they taste like, but look at the cute packages they came in. There are Mary Janes, candy necklaces, chick o stick, smarties, Tootsie roll, wax bottles (loved these), hot dog bubble gum, necco wafers, mike and ike, root beer floats, and just so many others.

Does'nt this just bring you back a little to being a kid? Me, I'd be looking for all the magazines from the neighborhood just for these candies. I would spend hours at a time pulling my red wagon and going door to door asking for old magazines. Then I would go home to cut out all the coupons then  rush off to the local store to cash them in for candy. I wonder if any one else did this.

It was just one of the many things we would do as kids. After the stores decided to take only the coupon for the item it showed, we started to collect pop bottles for the money. That was until my youngest sister decided she would rather turn over the wagon just so the bottles would break so she could eat the glass. Now that's another story.

So now that I am no longer clipping the coupons for candy, but still collecting coupons, to get a discount on my grocery bill , and I am saving my bottles and cans for coin , I have to do whatever I can to get the goodies I would love to have. lol  So I have entered into a giveaway, with beautiful things, at the Brambleberry Cottage. Now I am sharing this info with you. Check out what Liz is giving away, just tell her I sent you, and have a wonderful day. Don't forget to keep clipping those coupons.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You were a smart little girl! Very clever. We didn't eat much candy, when I got my .15 allowance I usually bought grapes! Of course, a candy bar was only a .05.
I sent off the dish cloth order yesterday, thanks.

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Hi, Gail. That's a cute way to introduce my giveaway. The post earned you extra entries...yea!

Keep those comments coming. You have nineteen more days to enter. ;)

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage