Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Broken Chain

This poem was sent to me and I needed to share it with you.


                                           The Broken Chain

                              We little knew that morning that God
                                   Was going to call your name.
                               In life we loved you dearly,
                                     In death we do the same.
                               It broke our hearts to lose you,
                                    You did not go alone;
                               For part of us went with you,
                                  The day God called you home.
                                You left us peaceful memories,
                                   Your love is still our guide;
                               And though we can not see you,
                                   You are always at our side.
                                   Our family chain is broken,
                               And nothing seems the same;
                                 But as God calls us one by one,
                                   THE CHAIN will link again.

                                               

Eileen A. Conklin
1948-2010



To my sister ,
You were my mentor and my strength. I will miss you but will never forget you. Until we meet again my heart will be broken.




I have spent my days staying busy gardening until I am bone tired to just shower and fall into bed. Today I went to town to start getting back into my routine of life. I will continue to keep myself going and knowing through heartaches and sorrow I can watch life from beginning to end in my garden where this is the 'simplest of life's blessings.' "We must have faith that in all things there is a time and a season. It is a gentle and healing reminder that allows hope to be restored and joy to become renewed. " (quoted from MJ magazine)


4 comments:

Linda Stubbs said...

Gail, thank you so much for coming by my blog to our party. I came to say hi. Saw that you have lost your precious sister. Oh my heart goes out to you. It must be pain like know other. I am so sorry. I will keep you before my face and will pray for you!!!!! Trusting the Lord will pick you up and carry you through this difficult time. I have another precious lady that follows my blog. She lost her husband in April. She is hurting so bad also. Her name is Gail also.

Blessings sweet lady and know I will tell my Jesus that you need a touch from Him. Don't forget he loves you bunches!

Linda
Prairie Flower

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the poem, I will be printing it right away,it has deep meaning for me as well. I can't imagine your pain, this is so hard, so young. God bless and keep you.

Gail said...

I'm so glad I am blogging a bit again. The support and friendships I have made here mean the world to me. I love and appreciate each and every one of you.
Blessings,
Gail

Unknown said...

That a girl... Be strong. Do what you need to do for you.. HAve you thought of a "memory spot" in your flower garden for those in your family who have passed? I am going to do that here when the landscapers finish their part. Take good care of yourself "farm sister" See you soon & I too have printed that poem. Thanks for posting it.
Love ya Cheryl