Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Victorian Tea Party

Let me tell you what a wonderful tea party I attended on Sunday the 13th. MaryGail and April (chicks in our chapter) opened their home and put on the most elegant, Victorian tea party I have ever been to. First off we had to come in our 'fancy' hats and aprons to help set the mood. The table was adorned with MaryGail's mom's beautiful laced tablecloth and napkins. There were beautiful china tea cups, MaryGail has been collecting for years,  and real silverware, candles and mouth watering foods.
We sat down and at each place setting was a gift of garden seeds for us to take home. We were then served by the ladies,  Oriental Chicken Salad placed in lettuce leafs, which I proudly had two and a half of. There was shrimp, stuffed creme cheese peppers, blueberry scones (to die for), cookies and muffins and a Victorian Tea that I just fell in love with that I just had to have the recipe for.
You can see how beautiful everything is. 

Along with this beautiful spread, we also had our monthly meeting and were suprised with four new gals that wanted to join us. We have such a diverse and wonderful group of ladies and I hope to continue to enjoy their company for many years to come.

Thanks to MaryGail (left) and April (right) this was a tea party I will not soon forget.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, that looks like so much fun, wish we had such an active group as you do! Wow, love your new blog decorations, beautiful!!! You surprise me every time.