That turned out okay so when I was at the grocery store the following day and saw these nice bags of plums I thought, why not. So I bought them, brought them home and whipped up a batch of Plum jam.
We do love our jams around here. I buy a jar everywhere I see them in gift shops when we travel. I just love to try different ones, don't you?
Well I still had half a box of peaches left over and was looking through my canning book trying to decide what to do with them when I came upon the recipe for Peach Salsa.
| Peach Salsa |
So I began making my salsa by peeling the peaches, dicing the onions, red pepper, cilantro and then, when I got to the four, HUGE, Jalapenos, I did'nt think to put on a pair of gloves. Well from 1:30 in the afternoon until 8:30 that evening, guess what? Yep, my hands were on FIRE. Funny now, haha, but trying to do all I could to stop the burn, not so. I went out and watered the yard, along with my hands, for about an hour. I soaked them in milk, I rubbed burn cream on them, I sat with ice cubes and a towel on them, I washed and washed and washed to no relief. The burning stopped when it wanted to. While all this was going on, I am also trying to help my husband get things set up for my party next weekend. This was not an easy task to do when your hands are on fire as if they are in an actual fire. The sun made them hotter, the wind made them hotter, touching them made them hotter. You get the idea everything made them hotter. I have never had a burning over my whole hands before. Yes, I have done this before.
When I finally called it a day and went to bed, my thumb tips were the only things still burning. Had to keep them outside the covers.
They say old dogs can learn new tricks. Well, where's my trainer?
And to think I only got four pints out of all that.
Just another day in my kitchen.









6 comments:
Want to trade your peach for my mixed berry? :) You've been very busy and it all looks so good!
Hello, I came over from Cheney Bag Lady...looking forward to reading all of your previous and future posts...love this canning of jams...so much better for you than store bought...
Mmmmm....mixed berry sounds yummy.
Welcome 'ain't for city gals' I just may have to jump over to your place and check out that vintage.
Thanks for stopping by ladies.
Ahh, but won't you be happy when you open a jar in the middle of January. Late summer surprises on your tongue!
OH My Goodness Gail..I thought you said you didn't know how to cook? You are turning into a Kitchen Queen. I am sure the jams will be delicious.. Sorry to hear about your "hot pepper experience"! Look forward to the weekend Luau!
Cheryl
hey Gail,
how lucky are you to get some canning in...gardening has been less then steller this year up here but that's ok, cuz I have a ton of other projcts waiting to be finished.
When we lived in Calif., we use to go to the Rouge River up in Grants Pass for fishing and camping. We had friends that lived in Applegate right by the Applegate river. I loved all the wild 'free range' growing blackberries. lol!
Ok, as for my lavender...I use the buds for culinary, tea & crafting. Right now my house smells heavenly.
I have several gals who make craft items, primarily soap...that buy craft grade lavender from me.
I also make some craft items, mostly to give as gifts.
Hey by the way, Serena of The Farm Chicks just recently opened a little shop over in Spokane...I still have not had a chance to take a peek.
Tata-4-now
>^..^<
Post a Comment