Thursday, September 9, 2010

Planning and Packing

Besides getting ready for my big Luau party this Saturday, I am trying to get ready for a week trip in Idaho.  I had forgotton how much one needs to do to get ready for a party let alone what you need to pack when you go anywhere on vacation.  My car is loaded and the majority of it is for the dog. When I go anywhere with Onyx, she has to have her crate for traveling and sleeping in. I need her play pen to keep her from running off, and of course all her blankets, toys, food dishes, treats, her clothes, and leash. Now to find room for my one suitcase and pillow and come Monday morning we will hit the road early.


Meanwhile, I finally finished making the teddy bear I will be giving to my Mother, which I made from a couple of my sister's shirts. I hope she can think of it with fond memories of her child. It turned out cute, don't you think?
I got the idea to make one from a woman who made teddy bears from her husband's shirts, after he passed, to give to all their children. She was kind enough to mail me the pattern so that I could do this for my mom. I hope to make a couple more for my sister's daughter and granddaughter soon.
I plan to be pretty busy with crafts this winter and with the looks of things, it could be a long winter.

It is trying to rain again today so I think it is time to put together the pear tart I have been thinking about making and my pears have just ripened enough.

Have a wonderful day.

5 comments:

sharnymcclarny said...

Hi Gail ~ I think I have used that same teddy bear pattern myself for dozens of bears (Dream Spinners Bittersweet Bear). Made one for a friend who lost her husband out of his old wool shirts to give to her and her children as a remembrance. They meant so much to the family. And donated several to Ronald McDonald House. A very special gift you are giving to your family. Best, Sharon

Gail said...

Thank you Sharon,
I didn't know what they were called. It is a special gift indeed.
Blessings

Unknown said...

Adorable bear! It will be treasured! Coming our way, huh? Maybe we could meet for coffee? I could grab, Sharon, too.

Anonymous said...

The bear is so cute. What a wonderful gift.

Unknown said...

I am sure your mom will Love it.. I made one for my Grandaughter when she was born 22 years ago, From a quilt her Great grandma made for her daddy when he was born. That quilt was used a lot when her dad was a baby.. 42 years ago,. Gee that makesit almost an antique.. I know my grandaughter took it to college when she first enrolled 4 years ago.. You made a beautiful memory.
Cheryl