I was not able to do the yard sale because we are getting some well needed rain. So what is a gal to do? Go shopping! I was wanting to take some pictures while I was driving into town of some clouds going out across the mountains. I pulled off to the side of the road and found I had not put my camera back into my purse. I usually carry it everywhere I go, so I will have to snap some next trip into town. It was so pretty to see the beginning of Fall with all the colorful leaves on the trees, sprinkling of the rain, and the river running smoothly. There was even a light dusting of snow on one far off mountain I could see. So as you can see, I must not forget my camera again.
Even though I was'nt able to make any money from a yard sale, I found a way to spend some. Went into a few thrift stores and found some goodies I could use in a few projects. Bought some nice material to make some gifts for birthdays coming up, and bought some much needed sewing pins and needles. All my pins starting bending and tops breaking off. This time I bought brass ones, maybe they will hold up a little longer.
After spending the day with my daughter, shopping till we dropped, I came home and finished a crochet yarn rug I had been working on for a week. I would start the darn thing and have it half way finished and would tear it all back out because it would curl up. This is my first try at anything like this. I am not sure that I am reading crochet patterns correctly so will need to find some one to teach me. I would begin the rug and after five times starting, I decided not to use the pattern any more and do what MJ says she does. Add an extra stitch around the corners when it starts to curl.
This worked as far as not curling but as you can see it still is not uniform but I'm happy with it any way. I would like to try a cloth one next and with practice hope to make them a bit more uniform. I decided against fringe because to me, yarn fringe gets all crummy looking.
Right now I am ready to go and look through all the patterns I picked up today, McCalls, for 99 cents at JoAnns Fabric store. I got a really cute chicken and rooster material that is going to make a nice looking vintage apron. At least that is what I am hoping for. Some of my patterns are for craft projects. We'll just have to wait and see what comes out of them.
But, with the rain outside and a nice warm toasty fire inside, it is time for this old gal to kick back and relax. Hope everyone else has had a wonderful day. Thanks again for stopping in.
Saturday, October 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









4 comments:
You've been a busy bee even with the rain. I went to Joanns today also and talk about good sales! Love that crochet rug.
Love the rug...I too plan on getting started on one soon...for my new trailer! I felt the same way when the rain came. I have been cooped up with my back all week so I had to hit Joann's too! Got the material for my curtains in the trailer. Love it and can't wait to start.
That rug looks great for a first try!! I like the colors too!
I had a good fire going yesterday too. I was walking around rubbing my arms and thinking that it was really chilly and I couldn't warm up - Duh!! Light a fire. I did.
Yvette
Your first rug looks great... Warm & cozy.. You should have called me I would have loved to have gone with you & Faith.. Shopping.. I think there is a new thrift store by Balin Drug & Terry's Donuts on Washburn..Past Fred's gotta check it out when I get back from Washington..
Cheryl
Post a Comment