I've been quite busy trying to get my creative juices flowing. I'm looking through all my craft papers I've downloaded from the internet, all my craft books, any where I can find something that catches my eye that I might want to try and make. I love to try something new and always enjoy making some of my old things as well. My daughter and I plan to make a few crafts for our local town of Bonanza at an Arts and Craft fair that is held the last Thursday of July every year. Something I have never done, but thought it would be nice to have another booth out there as they did not have many and a lot of them were jewlery. Besides earning some extra money to buy more supplies can always keep me busy.
I finished the other two Dream Spinners Bittersweet Bears for my neice and her daughter. I hope they like them.
Then my daughter was wanting a cat door stop that I had made back in my twenties, so I made the pattern from scratch and this is what it looks like.
I wish I could find some of my old patterns. Back in those days I always made my own because I never had the money to go out and buy one and did'nt even know that some of what I made up was actually out in a pattern. This has a brick in the bottom to keep it weighted. That's what makes it a door stop.
I've also been able to relax for a day and finally read the book I borrowed from my daughter called "The Memory Keeper's Daughter", by Kim Edwards. It was really good and sad at the same time. I know first hand what it is like to raise a challenged child. My youngest challenges me every year with heartache and worry. I will never stop helping him with whatever I can, but it seems to be getting harder as we get older.
Amoungst other things I have been loading the motorhome with necessary clothes and food for a four day trip to Winchester Bay with my step son and his wife. It is suppose to be in the low 60's there this week. It's mid 80's here, go figure. Where was that all summer?
Our men want to ride their new quads and us girls will walk the beach, shop the local craft and antique shops and have plenty to gab about. I hope this will be a few days of peace of mind. I think just listening to the ocean all day can definetly change one's mood. I'm too afraid to try and fish as with my luck I'd probably catch a big one and it'd pull me right in that big scary ocean. I don't mind looking at it, but don't want to go out on it. I think I'll enjoy walking in the sand looking for seashells this trip.
Hope everyone else is getting ready for fall. I can't wait to get home, settle in and start decorating for fall around here. This has been a roller coaster year for me and some down home time is just what I'll be looking for next.









2 comments:
Your bears are cute.. I hope you enjoy your trip.. If you find any sea glass on the beach tuck a few pieces in your pocket for me.. See you the 17th Girlfriend.. Have fun & tell Wendy Hello for me. The beach is right where you should be,....relax and Enjoy!
Looks like you are getting in the nesting mood, like me! I just did a post about that. Ah, the ocean...how I miss it! Have a fun trip...I am envious, guess I will never find a trailer! Bummer!
Post a Comment