I also set up three outside lighted trees and rope lights around the deck. I thought it would look nice to rearrange the living room this way. We are planning to get another tv which will be placed on the far wall, and we will remove the entertainment center completely. A few more table decorations, and I called it good.
When I was walking up the hill toward the workshop, I spotted my vintage chairs so I decided, since they were green and red ones, why not decorate the yard with them. This is what I came up with.
Not bad for country folk art. Too bad the vintage trailer has a tarp over it. Would have made a great pic for Xmas cards, don't you think? lol
Well, my big attempt at some sort of Christmas look around here. Now if I could just get my hubby to get the outside lights down out of storage. I am still hoping to one day get him to put them all the way around the house.
Living so far out in the country he does'nt seem to think we need to go all out in decorating like we did when we lived in the city. I could have white lights up year around up through some of the trees. It is such a warm and soothing look in the evenings to me.
I have wrapped presents for a week and make xmas cookies yesterday with my daughter. Time to make my peppermint bark and some more fudge is on the menu as well.
Hope you all are enjoying your days of holiday cheer. I love Christmas and as I get older, I just have to push myself a little to get back into that good ol' Christmas spirit. Holiday music and cookies baking in the oven usually does the trick.
Warmest wishes for a Merry Christmas to you all.









3 comments:
I love your outdoor picture with the chairs and the trees. It is a cute scene. I have been baking,not too much decorating.
Cute narrow tree, I think I need one of those, my tree is way too big! My tree is almost finished but that was true a week ago too!!! lol I love that picture of the chairs as well!
Thanks for the idea on how to keep the cover on my trailer...it looks like you used bunge cords! Ropes aren't working for me and the tarp has come off twice and is now covered in heavy snow. Hope it thaws enought this weekend to get it up and on again.
I am not in the spirt yet but with my little grandson...it'll happen!
I love your outdoor decorating!! That is so cute and I love the vintage chairs.
Post a Comment