one has been a bit under the weather which is why I have'nt posted in a couple of weeks. Some how I managed to overdose on my thyroid medications and let me tell you it has thrown me for a loop. Most days I would like to just crawl under the covers and sleep until this was all over. It has been about a month of vertigo and just all over yuckies. Severe head pain, nausea and I'm not able to breathe real well. This is a lesson for me to learn to have my glasses on when my meds arrive by mail. I somehow mixed generics and non generic synthroid together, hence doubling my dosage. It has not been fun.
In the meantime I am waiting patiently for my carpenters to come and build a shed for me. This will be turned into my very own crafting room! I have drawn up the plans, which change occassionally, and I cannot wait until the day that I will actually be able to see all the pretty materials I own and be able to find whatever I need at the time. Well this is my goal anyway. I have never been a real organized person, but try to. As I am getting older it is even more important for me to get better organized. I can put something down and turn around and forget where I placed it.
I was able to get all the presents delivered to the Salvation Army on Friday. Both families were to pick up their boxes then. It has been such a blessing to be able to help others. I hope it is something our group of ladies can continue to do each year. This is our second year of doing this along with the Food Bank as well.
I went to my friend Susan's house for a Christmas party on Sunday. We were having quite the blizzard out here all morning but it cleared off enough in the afternoon so that I could drive into town and drop in on her for an hour or so. I wanted to get back before it rolled back in on us. She had her tree and all her decorations up and a beautiful buffet of delicious food for all her guests. The first thing I had to try was her tamales I had heard so much about. No disappoinment there. I ate two. She makes a darn good fudge too which I still want to rack her brain for the recipe.
Today has been another somewhat restful day. I have hauled in all the wood we will need for today and this evening. Yesterday I was able to get the tractor out and plow our driveway. Just some of the many chores that have to get done before too long no matter how one feels.
It has just been a very cold day here today. I have'nt even let out my cats or chickens. The dogs get to run out on the deck to potty and its right back into the house.
I've just finished another braided rug. I think this one I will put out in my craft room. I'm not into any more sewing until after Christmas. I've got pies and cookies yet to make. Just finished another batch of fudge. Delivered my peppermint bark to the neighbors. I will be thawing out my pumpkin in a couple of days for pies. Oohh, no rest for the wicked.
Wishing you all
a very
Merry Christmas









1 comment:
Merry Christmas Farmgirl...You are surely an example for "gettin it done" no matter how you feel....I hope you do feel better before Santa comes... and as far as forgetting where you put things... That's Menopause for you... I know because I have it too.. Stay warm and have a great Holiday.
Cheryl
Post a Comment