Sorry if I confused you on my mini aussies with chickens.
I did'nt have a picture of my girls together so I just had them get on the couch and snapped a quick one for you.
These are my girls that keep me on my toes every day. It's like having small children in the house again as they want attention all the time.
| left to right: Pearl, Onyx, Jade |
Pearl helps herd in the chickens each night and Jade was the herder last night (she's just learning). The chickens went inside in under two minutes.
You think they are getting the idea that when dog shows up, it's time to go to bed? Sure makes life easier for me.
I tucker out real quick trying to round up chickens going round and round (real cute, not!).
You're probably wondering why I put the chickens in at night. Reason is, when a snow storm is getting ready to hit, I want them in out of the weather so I don't have to round them up when it is hitting us hard.
Most times they do put themselves to bed at dusk which then all I have to do is collect the eggs and lock up the little door.
The aussies aren't as happy when that happens.
They love their job.
(mom does too)
Hugs,
Gail









1 comment:
Those puppy girls are sooo cute! I wish I could get my Hound to heard the chickens into their coop. I also have to chase a couple of the chickens because they always think it is too early to go in even if it dark outside. I put them away at night because of the night critters that like to steal chickens.
Post a Comment