Saturday, September 17, 2011

busy,busy, busy


As some of you know we have been very busy around home. After 20 gallons of paint, the outside of our home has a new coat for winter. I think I actually found the dark chocolate I was wanting before.

Then there is the 10 gallons of sealant I have yet to finish for the decks. I am trying the new stuff called Restore. Not an easy texture to work with and with so much to do it is taking me a few days to get it done. It is very messy and you are constantly dipping in the pan as it only covers about two feet at a time. Nothing like paint itself.

My pictures are not very good, kinda blurry. I think I am due for a new camera. But here is how it is looking so far. The green is actually a tile green (looks teal here) which darkens as it dries to almost a deep forest green. I needed it to look like I had grass under my feet.  I'm tired of dirt or snow. I think it adds warmth to the house. Hubby is not so crazy about it. But like I told him, I could always throw a rug or two down and he'd never no the difference. Not sure what I should do with the beams under the roof. Should I paint them, leave them alone, and if paint, what color?
I was afraid to do the brown as it would darken it too much underneath. Green may be funny looking from below. Help, I'm thinking I should leave it alone.
Today I am taking a break from the porch. The second coat will have to wait until tomorrow. Besides, it isn't very warm outside today, at least it's a good enough reason for me. I have been organizing my bags that will be going on my trip to Rootstalk. We will be leaving next Tues, spending the evening in Drain, Or. then going into Salem the following morning. Then the fun begins. I plan to take as many pictures as I can. So hope to have some wonderful things to share when I get home.

I will be home for only three days before I am off the the beach for a week. I sure hope the weather holds up and it won't be too cold while we are there. I sure enjoy riding my quad on the sand.

Hope your summer has been a pleasant, fulfilling one. It is always  nice to get caught up on the larger projects that need done.  Did I mention, there is still lots of outdoor furniture that needs redone. I'm sure I could find an extra paint brush or two around here somewhere.

Now I'm off to see what you have been doing this summer.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Lots of work for you....Looking good. Glad you will get away before the end of summer/fall.

You could just put a clear sealer over the wood on the roof area. Or just a real light stain.

mtnchild said...

Have you thought of sky blue? It's in keeping with your 'grass' under your feet. The blue will lighten up the porch, and if you can, maybe paint some fluffy clouds.

Everything is looking good and helps protect the house from winter. You make me want to get out there and paint my house ... LOL. I really do need to, but not until next year at the earliest, or two, or three ...

Have fun in both your upcoming adventures.
Yvette

Unknown said...

Yay! You are almost done..Take the day off ..It looks really nice. I agree with Karen.. A light sealer color. Did you mean you are leaving Tuesday? Im going Wednesday.. See you Tuesday for our meeting..
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

You deserve a rest!

This is my first time to your blog. Very nice.
I’m following.

cindy