We took a trip over to Medford today, which is 75 miles for us, and purchased two dog kennels for $200. If I keep rescueing animals it will be nice to have a place for them to be safe. I thought I might even take on boarding once in awhile too. While we were there my eyes spotted the galvanized animal trough, so of course I had to ask the woman what she was gonna do with it. She sold it to me for $10 and the smaller one for $5, and she gave me the old wheel barrel that was gonna be taken to the dump. I think it will look great with flowers in it, and she then gave me the old milk stool and honey pail and large igloo dog house. Not a bad catch for the day, would'nt you say?
 |
two kennels
|
A little bit of work ahead to get the kennels cleaned up and set up, but it was well worth the price to have extra room for the critters. By the way, that snake skin on the left of the pic was a rattler my hubby came upon a few days ago. It measured in at 47 inches and let me tell you, it was large. I had'nt seen one since moving away from Phoenix, AZ. I don't even remember one being that large then. We skinned it and now it's drying. Bet it'd make a pretty nice hat band or belt.
I will be using the troughs as my raised gardening beds. I have three already and they are working out really well for me. Besides not having to bend over, they keep more heat on my plants therefore helping them grow. And with our short season, every little bit helps. We are suppose to have a frost tonight, ugk, so I have covered my tomatoes with hopes of one day soon, having red ones. I can't say I am ready for Fall just yet since I have'nt had any red tomatoes from my garden to speak of.
How is your garden doing? Hope you are having a bit more luck with yours than I have had again this year. Keeping my fingers crossed still.
1 comment:
Wonderful haul, love all the galvanized stuff. I want to get a large trough for next years veggies. I saw some at MaryJane's and they worked great. Now red tomatoes here either. It has turned real cold at night but no frost yet...please!
Post a Comment