Monday, August 22, 2011

Doggone it, we've done it again

Yep, we have once again rescued another dog. Her name is Suzy Q. She is a Heeler and about 10 months old. I brought her home yesterday from an older gentleman who cannot take care of her. She is doing very well with our other girls so far. My goal is to teach her how to be around my chickens and cats. These are all new things to her.
Is'nt she cute?

That's Pearl on the right. She is just a little over one year now and she's a mini Australian Shepherd. She is totally jealous but loves having another she can run and play with. Her cousin, Cora, comes up every few months to play. She's a Heeler too and about the same age as both these girls. Won't they have a ball all together?


For the past few days I have been dogsitting our neighbor's dog, Zeus. I think he looks more like a giant slouth. What do you think? He is such a gentle dog, but boy is he a big, big boy.

Life has'nt been boring around our home. Plenty of doggy music going on. We have our two little one's , Jade (mini aussie) and Onyx ( min pin) playing together in the house while the others are getting to know each other better.

 Suzy Q is sure loving to run around the acreage we have, but I need to teach her to be in a kennel also. We put our dogs in crates to sleep at night. Keeps them out of mischief and gives us better sleep. At least sometimes.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, she sure is a cutie...what a household full of dogs...bet you have your hands full sometimes! Hard to say 'no' when you see those faces...I am sure I would do it too!

mtnchild said...

I love Red Heelers, and they really do "heel" especially when they herd! She is a beauty! I dog sit for a blue Heeler and another mix once in a while and with the 4 dogs on my neighbors property and the 3 in my yard, BOY do we get doggy music!!! I have to yell so they can hear me and I usually have a sore throat by they time the pups go home.
Love all your pups.
Yvette

Unknown said...

Good thing hubby is home now to feed those babies so you can go play.. I assume that was the plan.. Cute dog and good for you to rescue a sweet one..
Cheryl