As you can see the uneven layers from this one. I just was'nt thinking, just glueing away...
So a few days ago I decided it was time to try my luck on another coffee filter wreath. After burning my fingers so many times from the hot glue gun, and using lots and lots of filters, this is what I ended up with.
Not bad, huh? With practice I hope to improve. It definately takes time to complete one of these. I worked several hours one day and finished it the next.
Then I decided to try one of those cone shaped paper rolled wreaths. After using some pretty old music paper, most were tearing, I finally got enough rolled up to put this wreath together.
There are so many projects I would like to try. I am still practicing the fabric roses. Not even gonna show you those pics. :/ Talk about needing lots and lots of practice. But what a fun way to use up all my scrap material.
I will keep watching your blogs for more fun projects and want to thank you all for helping this ol' gal learn some new things. There are so many great crafters that I have found through blogland. Love that you all share with us.
Blessings,
Gail









2 comments:
Good for you.I often see these items and think...that would be cool but as you say they take a lot of time. I personally like your first wreath the best...it has character! lol Love to see these 'roses' you're talking about.
How is Suzy Q?
Good job Gail.. I agree with KPaints I like the first one too.. Trying new crafts is sure fun. I have been making beaded bracelets and love them.. We will need to give classes ourselves on these things we learn. You know how the saying goes about teaching Old dogs new tricks.. Not true for us farmgirls!
Cheryl
Post a Comment