Friday, May 4, 2012

Thrift store finds

While shopping at our local thrift store yesterday, I found these cool items. The vintage water cooler is in mint condition so I will be using it to carry our well water in for making tea while camping in my vintage trailer. The little suitcase has three drawers inside and it looks like it held those square projector films so I thought I would use it for makeup and stuff for the trailer.
The coffee grinder has no markings anywhere on it. The color reminds me of something either Dutch or Swedish. Here's a better pic of the color.
I just love this blue don't you? So cool.
The colander is in pretty good condition to be able to use in my kitchen. It's been hard to find one in this good of shape around here. They are usually all rusted out and chipped.
The tablecloth I purchased on Etsy last week. Is'nt it pretty? I hope to use it on my small round table that I take when I go glamping. A gals gotta have just the right touch for an all girl camp nite, right? What's wrong with a little lace and frills?
I'm still in the process of making my kitchen curtains for the vintage. Had to put that on hold as I am busy making baked goods for our Relay For Life bake sale we will be holding tomorrow in town. If you would like to donate, click on the button on the right. But if you want cookies, you'll have come over.
With today's weather, snow in the forecast, I hope to warm the house with the oven on and the smells of good home baked cookies. If you're in the neighborhood, stop on in and I'll put on some tea and we'll have some cookies while we chat.

No comments: