Sunday, July 15, 2012

Beach time

Last Sunday I decided it was off to the Oregon coast, even if it was only for a few hours, it was a much needed retreat. We chose Whaleshead beach just above Brookings.

I received the best exfoliation and foot massage and all while enjoying the great ocean sounds and fresh air.

My daughter and I walked around for 3 hours looking for shells and the long lost pirate treasure. Found a few shells and some nice driftwood.
treasure hunting

Although it stayed overcast the entire time, we did enjoy ourselves.
We ate lunch on the beach and listened to the sound of the waves as the tide was coming in.

Found a cave right on the beach in a huge boulder. Of course by this time my camera was up in the car. But I'll share a few pics I did manage to get.


Whaleshead beach




In one area of the shore, the waves coming in sounded like thunder. It was pretty awesome.

Some brave souls.
I totally enjoy the ocean, I'm just one of those who chooses to enjoy it from shore.

We can't wait until we can go back and spend a few days enjoying the sun and sand, but this is one crazy month of company, mini vacations, doctor visits and preparing for Relay for Life.

If you ever find yourself in Oregon, don't miss seeing the beaches. They're spectactular and less than a days drive.

3 comments:

sharnymcclarny said...

Your pictures are so inviting. I would love to go there someday.

Patricia said...

Our family was at Whale's Head on the third. It is beautiful there. Brookings is a five hour drive for us, but we have family there. I love the southern Oregon and northern CA coast line. Your photos are beautiful.

Unknown said...

I just love the ocean, just signed up for the 2013 Sisters on the Fly NW gathering at Long Beach, Wa. Love the toes in the sand, picture!! It's a beautiful area....