Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Recycling and preparing for Winter

With Fall upon us, we have started getting things ready for Winter. The chimney is swept, the gutters cleaned out and extra sealer is to be placed above the roof deck. We recycled a couple sections of a dog kennel we were'nt using, to use instead  for fencing out the deer up near the house. I was hoping for a wood fence but not in the budget.

My greenhouse is nearly complete, we recycled a carport frame to use and an old window and door works just fine. We will roof it in clear panels and put the plastic around the sides in Spring. Put in a couple of recycled pallets for shelving and use the many old plastic pots to start my seedlings in. I have been drying and picking seeds for next years planting.



We are also putting together a small shed to house the lawnmowers and equip. We are using the frame from the canvas tent we picked up for my Civil War reinactments. (I am using wood for that.) Another great way to recycle a metal frame. 

So as you can see, with my days finally slowing down from the many doctor appointments and physical therapy for two months, I can help my hubby get a few things done around here before Winter actually is upon us.

I am sad that I was unable to travel over to Idaho to see my family this year, but my back just would not hold up to that long of a drive right now. So I am to settle in for a long Winter and I hope to get caught up on some sewing projects that I had begun.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was a busy summer for you...we seem to run out of time so fast! Your new sheds will be great and I bet you will love having them done.

Somehow blogger has not been sending me your posts....I just had to catch up. Glad you got away this summer for some short trips...they make our work days possible.