Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Thanks to Karen.........


..... I am finally able to put pictures on my blog again! You ask, "how did you get it working?", well I paid attention to Karen over at My Desert Cottage. She says many of her clients that she's heard from have been unable to post pictures and the fix to that is we should STOP using Internet Explorer. So I have spent the last hour upgrading my computer over to Google Chrome, tried out a couple of changes, and tada! I can post pics again. Thank you Karen.
                                                            

So many things I have been putting on hold until I can get my surgery done. One was not messing with this computer stuff, but I have so missed blogging. And after visiting Karen's blog I just could not put off fixing this issue any longer. Thank you Karen.

Originally my surgery was scheduled for Jan 2, then Jan 16 now it's on hold until I hear from a specialist over in Eugene. She happens to be a Uro/Gyno and  I'm told I could be looking at 2 to 3 months before I even get my first initial visit with her. So instead of moping I have decided to do some baking. I mean, it is still Winter time around here and we must have those homey, yummy smells coming from our kitchen. So,  I pulled out my Favorite Oregon Recipes cookbook and found this recipe for peanut butter cookies. Hope you'll give it a try.


                                               Peanut Butter Cookies
1 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda

Cream shortening, sugars, and peanut butter. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well. Add sifted flour, salt, baking soda; mix well. Roll into small balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Press down with tines of fork. Bake at 375 degrees  8-10 minutes.  Makes 4 dozen.

I had'nt made these in many years, which is really stupid on my part. These are really tasty and especially yummy right out of the oven. Now I'm not moping any more. Enjoy.

Karen, I just wanted to say Thank You.
                                           

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you were able to fix the problem. I went to Firefox some time back because of all the problems with Explorer....so glad I did...no problems since!

Gail said...

Well I fixed the problem for adding pics, now I got to find way to fix the writing font. It all goes squiqqly. Not the font I write it at.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I have seen so many blogs with problems posting pics. I use Firefox and like it. The cookies would be some of my favs! So good for you, too! I just can't eat sugar any more so I don't bake much. Hope you get your surgery scheduled so that you can start planning for it. Sweet hugs!

Sharon said...

Hi, I am happy that you are posting again. I am wondering about the Farmgirls in your area. Do you do any camping/glamping together? I would love to me all of you. I am going to start camping with some groups. email me please.