Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thrift store finds

Yesterday was mostly spent on the road again over to Eugene and back. I did manage an hour to spend looking around at St. Vincent's in Oakridge. I found a few items I thought I could use with my Civil war persona.

  A small jewelry box for my earrings and brooches. A mug for drinking water, a plate, a basket for essentials, ribbon will be used on an outfit or maybe a hat and the flower frog, because I collect them. I also picked up a great gallon jug for my homemade wine, and a small bowl for use in the kitchen. Best thing about it was I only spent $10. (Senior discount day)

 
There were a few other things I thought about getting but I ended up putting back. Now I wish I had purchased them because I want to make some craft things I found on Pinterest. But I'm going back over again next Thursday, so I plan to see if they are still available for purchase.
 
I like stopping as it helps to break up the long drive and gives me a chance to shop out of town. Today, I'm catching up on laundry, cleaning out chicken coops and enjoying the warm sunshine.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you took a break with some thrifting. Looks like you did well. I have a friend who does the civil war thing as well. She is making hat pins and will be opening an etsy shop soon.

Gail said...

I'm always looking on Etsy for CW things. As a laundress there is much I could use. So picking up things here and there is always a treat.