Sunday, April 7, 2013

Traveling to Eugene

One of the nice things about traveling back and forth to Eugene is that I get to see all these beautiful rivers, lakes and cool stuff along the way. With Spring officially here, all the rivers are up and running fast from all the snow melt.
I enjoyed stopping along the way and listening to the water rushing along. Don't you just love how it sounds? I could spend hours just sitting there and enjoying the music it brings to my ears. It takes all the stress and worries away, at least for a little while.
The lake looks inviting even though it would be too cold for swimming, maybe just a little fishing, if I find the time. You can still see some snow across the backside, but Spring is definitely here as you begin seeing a lot more ducks flying in to stay.
I really liked the rustic patina of this as I passed under it, so on my way home I pulled over to get a shot of it. Plus it gave me another excuse to enjoy the river beside it a little more.

So as things begin to bloom with Spring in the air, I hope to be able to get more pictures of my trips I'll be making this Summer back and forth to Eugene. It makes life a little more pleasant for what I have to deal with right now.

I hope next time to find a spot to pull over and take pictures where there are oodles of beautiful ferns and the trees look awesome.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the sound of running water, too. What lovely areas....we will both be seeing wilderness this Spring, wish your circumstances were better. Take care.

Unknown said...

I wish you well on this trip.. hope good results and besure you drive carefully.. waiting to hear from you when you get home..
Cheryl