After making enchiladas a couple of days ago, I decided to go ahead and make this spice cake for dessert. Not that we need anything else sweet around here to munch on, but I love how my round cakes look in my dish. It can sit on the countertop and just look pretty all by itself.
The enchiladas turned out a bit too hot for hubby's tastebuds. I'll have to use a mild sauce next time. With our weather still being cold, its nice to do some baking for a change. It also is far less of a mess in the kitchen with just the pan in the oven.
Tonight for the first time I made Mexican carnitas and they turned out delicious with my homemade salsa on top. I love to eat these when I go out to a Mexican restaurant so guess now that I found a good recipe, I'll just have to keep making my own.
It must be spanish food week for me. Time to pull out the sombreo and salsa music. Guess I really like Mexican food.
Friday, January 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment