Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Colors of Nature

I just love it when my flowers are blooming. The smells in the air are so refreshing all I want to do is open all the windows and let them penetrate the house.

 I walked around my garden and snapped a few pics of what is in bloom right now.

 I really love my dianthus pinks (bottom) and the lavenders. They seem to put off the strongest fragrances. My roses are not in bloom yet. It has only been in the 80's for a couple of days now.





The speedwell is a new plant but I really like how it looks so I am hoping it will come back next year.

I have a lot of pink and purple flowers. I really love how some of them just flow so softly through the breeze. I have had a few butterfly visit already and I'm sure the hummingbirds will be back soon too.
These little pink flowers (right) are from a bulb I planted a couple of years ago in my ceramic frog. They pop back each spring.
Well I guess I will go and plant some more seeds to see what pops up later as the warm weather looks like it is finally here to stay for awhile. Hope you enjoyed my flowers as I have and happy gardening.

1 comment:

mtnchild said...

The garden pictures look absolutely wonderful, but I know it doesn't do the real garden justice. Your chicken coop in the previous post looks great. I need a coop instead of the mish-mash of tarps and would love to paint it a bright color.

Happy gardening!
Enjoy each new bloom as it comes up.
Yvette