Thursday, June 3, 2010

Hard work pays off




You all know I have been needing to keep myself busy as to help me heal and here is part of that busy. You remember when I started, it was just a hill with weeds and not an easy task for mowing or weed eating. So for two days, I pulled weeds, and moved rock. With my daughter's help we got it cleared off enough to begin planting new shrub and flowers. With some soil amendments and a good compost (there were worms in the soil also), things should do okay. Especially since we have been having some good rains come our way. So here is what it looked like.
This is pretty compare to how it could get. But now it is starting to look the way I could picture it and I cannot wait until everything is really grown up. This is a night garden so everything is planted in the white or silver shades with evergreens. Bulbs have been planted over the entire hill also. Next year will really show what I've done. But you'll get the idea. The rocks are what I could roll or lift over, but I am waiting for Big Hank (tractor) to bring in some really big boulders. It will not only look nice but it will keep the soil and mulch from running off. Just at the flat top of this hill I'm thinking of putting down a slate patio to sit out on. When hubby retires, we are moving my stairway on the deck to this backside, and it will be much wider. Another project, another time. Anyway this is what keeps me going, no matter how much hand cream or gloves I use, you can always tell I'm digging in the dirt.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you telling me you haven't had any rain? I am moving down there! I am so sick of this! I am waterlogged! Your flower bed is looking fab, such a lot of hard work but it sure works the body and calms the mind. I bet it helps you some. Keep at it and when you are done you can bring some sunshine up here and pull weeds! :) Ps. Love the new blog look-great colors.

Unknown said...

Hey Girlfriend..It's looking Great.. HArdly looks like the old place.. Good for you! and I love the new background too.. I look forward to coming out to se eit first hand.. Good job Chickie!

mtnchild said...

Your garden looks fabulous and I look forward to seeing it full bloom - Good job!!

You have a funny picture at the top of your blog that only shows half ... if it is on purpose, I don't get it ...

Hugs sent your way.
Yvette

Gail said...
This comment has been removed by the author.