Between mowing and weed eating and watering, there is no time to sit idle. With warm weather and sunshine, I can keep myself pretty occupied outside. Just don't send any company my way or I'll have to go inside and clean up a bunch. I really don't like to clean house when I could be outside planting seeds and watching my things grow. (Hubby does'nt like it much either)
Since most of our driveway has somehow dissapeared, we had a load of gravel brought in to replenish it. So, guess what I did? I put ol' Hank to work. At least I had fun playing with the bucket, pushing it into the pile of gravel and trying not to tip over. You really got to manuver the bucket just right to pick up a nice load, keep it in the bucket, and dump it in the right spot. I think I did okay. I managed to get quite a few piles placed around the drive, then thought I would try the scraper blade on the back of Hank to see what it could do. Managed to scrape it off the drive easier than spreading it around. So I gave up on that one for now.
Figured I'd better leave some for hubby to do or he'll tell me I put it in the wrong spots.
So I parked ol' Hank and got out the hand shovel and wheel barrel and loaded several piles of gravel into the new dog kennel. Thought it would keep them from digging as well as getting muddy every day, but they still dig. I think they like this play yard a lot better as they have more room to run around (this is a before the gravel). I'm always afraid some big hawk will swoop down and get them as they are so small so prefer to keep them safe in their pen. They are close enough to watch mom in the garden so they know they are not alone. The only thing is, they will bark to come out so they can use the restroom. They refuse to poop in their play pen.
Many of my flowers are starting to bloom and I put out a bunch more seeds today. We are suppose to get rain again for a couple of days , but so far only really windy. I just keep watering the beds to keep the seeds in one place. Has anyone ever grown Sweet Annie? I received some seeds from a farmgirl last summer, planted them and none came up. So I am trying again this year. The seeds alone smell wonderful so I sure hope the will come up this year. I would love to have wild flowers all over the places where I really don't want to look at dried up old weeds.
Wow, the wind is really blowing hard outside today. Guess I better go and water down my seeds again.









4 comments:
What a busy little bee you are, that gravel work is killer! I know, I've done it! I paid for it for days! lol Love all you are doing, it looks so pretty,you will be reaping rewards for years.
That Ol'Hank Sure glad you got him... You are doing Great things out there farm girl! I can't wait to see it... Now go soak those tired muscles and have a cuppa tea....
Beautiful post and pictures! Just watch the deer, they love Tulips!!!
Yvette
Hi Gail...your yard looks wonderful and I can just imagine how much work, or should I say play, it is! I'm with you...I'd much rather be outside all day!
paula:)
Post a Comment