I picked up this quilt at a recent yard sale and wanted to share it with you also. It is all hand stitched. I think it tells a story of the places they went and the things they loved.
We went into the Cafe and had a nice breakfast and then we sat on the tailgate of the truck and watched the parade. Walked around the different food and craft booths. I'm thinking of maybe setting up my own booth next year. Most things there were jewelry and not much hand sewn items.
We then came home and unloaded our truck, I packed a picnic lunch, grabbed the dogs and we headed into northern California to Medicine Lake. We have been going to this lake the last three years during winter and snowmobiling and this was our first time to see the lake in summer. We were pleasantly surprised at how beautiful a lake this is out in the middle of nowhere.
After we had our lunch we took a drive up around the campground areas and up to what is called Little Medicine Lake. It is just a short walk up to this little prisine spot.
I could live here easily. Just stock it with fish.
It has a bench where you can just sit and take in the quiet of this place. So pretty. There looks like a walking path that goes around the lake. May have to check this out tomorrow.
Further up the road we came across two doe and three fawn. They were okay with taking their pics from the truck but when I got out to get a little closer, mom let me know I'd better back off. Aren't they cute? 
John had to have a pic of its behind. Notice the sign. I had to giggle.
We drove around for awhile and it was 6:30 before we headed for home. This was one very enjoyable , relaxing trip we had together and I hope we will have more of them soon.
__________
We just recently lost our sister-in-law last week to cancer. Her and her husband have lived on the property with us for six years. This has been a tough year for us, so trying to find peace and understanding and keep our sanity is trying at times. We count our blessings every day and let those we love know it.









2 comments:
Boy, you sure do know how to take a road trip....stunning place! AND YOU EVEN GOT IN SOME THRIFTING....I would say you did it up right!!! Now that's a Farmgirl day!
Thanks for letting me "tag along" on your Sunday drive. I am sorry about your SIL.
Post a Comment