It was a bit scary at first with my sister wanting to panic, but everyone calmed down and we enjoyed the ride. At the top was an observation deck with spectacular views.
We walked up and down the winding trails admiring all the art sculptures carved by chainsaw, and reading the informational displays along the way.
| I could relate. |
In the gift shop, I found a refrigerator magnet to add to my collection, bought a tiny piece of fudge that cost $3.50 Ouch! Looked through the Native American museum and then it was back on the road.
We came upon the town of Kerby, where we spotted this really cool place called Burly Galleries. If you are ever in the area, stop and admire this man's art. The young fellow (right), posing with my daughter,
says he has been doing this for 23 years. I would have thought much longer. His art is beautiful and what an imagination he has. Look at the detail in this door.
His home
Just walking around this place makes you wish your were a kid again. From tree houses to Flinstone cars to funny characters everywhere, one could only imagine the hours you could spend playing and never wanting to stop.
Inside his shop is so many beautiful pieces of artwork from water fountains to chairs and art for the floors and walls. Burl wood pieces are quite expensive so all I could do was enjoy looking at his work and wishing I were kin. I hope I will have the oportunity to come and visit again.
We drove on into the town of Brookings, since we had had a full day of sightseeing and driving, to find a place to spend the night but at $179 for a shared room (we did'nt even want to know what that meant), to $379 for a one bed cottage, was not in our price range so we drove another 27 miles to Gold Beach, sat down to dinner of fish and chips at the Port Hole Cafe along the shore and later found a Motel 6 to spend the night.
more to come................









1 comment:
Ooooh, I've done that trip a couple of times. There isn't a mile that isn't a smile!! (I just made that up...LOL) The gondola ride can be a bit spooky, but love the views. Oh, I could go on, but since you just did the trip, you know exactly what beauty is to be found.
I need to do another road trip soon ...
Yvette
Post a Comment