My mother was going through her cubboards and gave me a juicer, her mother's old rolling pin, and a cookbook from our Aunt Gladys that she had written herself. Most of the recipes are Swedish recipes that my mom cooked us many a time.
We went shopping one day at some thrift and antique stores where I found an old lunch pail just like the one I carried in grade school. Funny how we remember certain things.
Inside the lid is text on Safety First in and around the school yard. I actually remember this too.
I also found an old branding iron with my hubby's initials, a milkglass shaker for my daughter, and a couple of ladybug pins to add to my collection on my car's dash mat. I'd say a pretty good haul for one day.
My son stayed with me at my mom's and we had a really good visit. I don't think he missed his daily group of friends so long as mom was there. I only get to see him two or three times a year, depending on our winters. He looked really good and is doing very well.
I also did a perm on my mom's hair which is what my sister, Eileen would have done, along with a cut and style. I highlighted my younger sister's hair and sheared my brother's. So everyone was lookin' good but they'll have to find another hairdresser in the future (they're gonna want to). I'm too old to take beauty school, plus the fact that I hate to do hair.
After another wonderful busy day and my car now packed for my trip back home, we were blessed with this beautiful sunset.
Not a bad way to say good bye to Idaho and my family. I miss them already.
I know this was hard for everyone without Eileen there with us, but I hope we can continue to get together as often as possible and remember all the good times we have shared and make many more memories for those we will leave behind.









4 comments:
It sounds like you had a real good visit, it is hard not to see the ones you love, as often as you want. It's so good that it is not so far away. Glad you had a fun time. I will remember to hide the sissors if you come around! lol I use to do my own about once a month until I figured out it was just that one week, every month....I just needed to live with it a little longer! HA!
Good family visits are priceless!
Welcome Back to K-Falls. Glad you had such a great trip..You were missed here too.
Glad you had a great time. Mom is cute. Such a great sunset. Our camera is on the blink so no pictures. Hey , glad you are back and looking forward to one of our get togethers.
Post a Comment