I have been away for a bit from here. Busy getting the yard ready for Winter and making a few crafts when I can. I hauled three loads of mulch and spread over my perrenial beds yesterday. I'm working on a new craft for me which is a crochet rug. Now if I could just figure out why it always wants to curl up. May have to skip the pattern and try something different. I have also been making Christmas tags for a trade on the MaryJanes Farm Forum in Swaps. I'm still doing swapping of monthly postcards, which is always fun to come up with an idea for the next month.
Yesterday I made my sister's recipe for Banana Nut Bread. She uses sour cream in her recipe and it is really good. With the weather turning off cooler it is always nice to have something baking in the oven. This is when I use the crock pot a lot more too.
I went to our Charming Chick meeting Sunday where we also celebrated two of the girls birthdays. Our group is growing even more. We had another gal join us which now brings our group to a total of 14. We have such a nice, diverse group of gals and boy do we know how to have fun together. Susan made a Potatoe cream soup which was to die for. Wish she could remember what all she put in it. Everyone was wanting the recipe.
Today I think I will deep soak some more of my trees and do a bit more pruning. Once I get everything ready and put up for Winter, than I can stay busy indoors with all the bunches of material and books I have.
This Saturday I am having a huge yard sale on a corner lot in town with several other people. Hope I can get everything sold out of our trailer so I can use it for hauling home the cow manure I have been wanting to get from Patty. My flower beds are craving it. What ever does'nt sell is going to Hospice or Goodwill. Then I hope to not have another yard sale for a couple more years. I enjoy going to them, but hate having them because of all the work of putting things out to display nicely and then having to put it all away if it does'nt sell.
Well I must go and have my other cup of tea and get my day going. I'm still sitting here in pj's. Am I bad or what?
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
Sounds like you've been very busy with this and that. I also love "something" baking when the weather gets cooler and I use my crock pot more often. There's nothing better than these cool nights to make me want to nest. What a fun group, Charming Chicks. So nice to have the gals to have fun with.
Post a Comment