I was finally able to make and try the chillover powder I purchased from MaryJanes Farm kitchen store. Chillover powder is a gelling powder like gelatin but better. It is made with a sea vegetable powder rather than leftover cow parts like Jello gelatin is made from.
I made the one that MaryJane shows in her Ideabook-Cookbook-Lifebook she called the 'Goodness Gracious' which has the chillover powder, cooked chicken, carrots, shallots, parsley, green peas, bell pepper, celery, and cooked eggs among other stuff in it. It turned out great. I used my vintage mold that I purchased awhile back and look how pretty it looked.
I say looked because there were 14 of us gals at the Chick luncheon who tried it. We had other desserts on the table as well as a yummy soup, which Cheryl, our Hen Honcho made for us.
The 'Layered Suprise' chillover was made with the chillover powder, sugar, egg yolks, milk, vanilla, heavy cream, a banana and chocolate wafers. It was very light but yummy as well. This is only two ways of using Chillover and I hope to make other things in the future from it.









3 comments:
Gail.. Happy Birthday again.. We did have a great time.. and the chill over's were both good. The quilt pictures are pretty and the pink Sky too.. I wish you would call me to go with you sometime to see these things in K falls,. I have never been to the museum. Would live to tag along.
Cheryl
Oh, it looks like you had a lot of fun and looks like great food! I have never been to K Falls either!
What a fun day!!
Post a Comment