Thursday, January 20, 2011

Good finds today

Today I was to shop for some more wallboards but got busy thrifting instead. Look at these great finds I got for the craft room. The chairs are really comfy for sitting in for sewing, they were both for $3, the lampshade I found at Goodwill for $6 (love the frilly feathers)  and the lamp I found at Restore for $5 and it looks like crystal and has a brass bottom. I figured the baskets are always good for storing small items in, and the plastic thingy I figured colored pencils and such. No one knew what it was used for. I all, I got everything for a total of $25. Not bad, huh?


The chairs will be easy enough to recover, although the one on the right is in good condition so may leave it alone. The tall baskets will be great for holding scrapping paper and such.


These particleboard shelves I also picked up at the Restore. All 9 for $27. I think that is an awesome deal as they will become my shelves for holding my materials and baskets. If you have priced bookshelves you know they are'nt cheap. The ones I would have liked were for two, $300, so I think this deal is much better. Besides I get to reuse and recycle which is what we all should be doing as much as we can now anyway.

I am getting so ansy to finish my room, but with hubby working days we only have a couple hours in the evening before it gets too cold outside for working in the room.

Tuesday, I have workers coming out to insulate under the room, which will help keep more heat inside. All day Saturday, I spent insulationg the inside walls. I cannot do the ceiling as I still get too dizzy looking up. Have you priced lumber lately?  I had to go with the cheapest for wallboards as most everything was $20 a panel and up. Whew! I don't know how any construction is going on with these prices. But by the time I throw some paint on the walls, it is going to ook just fine. I could always add a trim or two later on.

I'll keep you posted on how things are going from time to time. It may be awhile before it is completed to my liking but it will be functional soon, I hope.

1 comment:

mtnchild said...

Nice finds!! I'm not quite into the thrifting yet, but maybe I should get there so I can find some good stuff before everyone else gets them first ... LOL How big is your craft studio? I can hardly wait for updates.
Yvette