I am still trying to learn to crochet.......... I think it's time to find someone who has been crocheting for quite awhile themselves to really show me the ropes.
I some how make it work when I am not quite sure what the pattern is asking of me. I stop and look through several books hoping I have found the answer and then I move on. I still have'nt learned how to get a good clean edge...............Even when I use pins to mark my starts and finishes................... Honestly, I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.
But here is what I just completed.
The pattern for this baby blanket and hat is called 'Tiny Bubbles' and I made it for my granddaughter's friend who is about to have her first baby any day now.................
It took me approximately 37 hours to make and that is not including how many times I had to pull out several rows and begin again..................I get frustrated with myself because I know I need to take proper lessons to make it right the first time.
Hopefully she won't notice any flaws and will use it for her soon to be Son.
Notice there are no booties with this. That is because I am attempting to make them, but not sure how they will come out. lol
Wish me luck!










5 comments:
I wish you much luck. I have never learned to knit or crochet but your blankey and hat look perfect to me. What a lucky baby to receive this gift.
It looks wonderful! We will need to see a picture of the little guy wrapped up in the blankie with the hat on!
I sure wish we hadn't lost our yarn shop here in town, there are knitting things I need help with - show and tell is the best for me.
Hugs
Yvette
Gail.. You did a great job.. Who would guess you are just learning? Way to go FARMGIRL!
What...are you kidding...you are doing great! All I can make is dishcloths and a couple of hats. I haven't branched out at all...good for you!
Thank you all. I sure love seeing what comes out of what I start. Time will hopefully keep me improving.
Post a Comment