My hubby has been making me some raised beds which will help define my garden space much better.
I decided to lay down a weed cover and lots of mulch in hopes to keep out as many weeds as possible. Besides the fact it will look so much nicer.
I have planted some lettuce and pole beans which are beginning to appear.
I'm not sure what all I will be planting in my beds yet, but one thing for sure I want a lot more herbs.
I will be removing the gray brick and putting in the red cedar boards in its place. Everyone must have the same idea about mulching right now as they have run out of this particular mulch. Hope what hubby brings home will be at least close to this same color. Sure do want to get it down before all the grass and weeds decide to pop up again.
Very time consuming work but I gotta admit, I love digging in the dirt.
I just hope we continue to have Spring weather for awhile and not jump right into Summer like it has the past two years. It would be so much easier on the plants and me, of course.
Hope your day is as bright, sunny and warm as mine. Enjoy!









4 comments:
It is going to be stunning...looking good already!
Wow no more squiggly words!! YaY!
Yippee!!
Looking great girl.. I can see it becoming You .. very pretty.. I have started a couple garden projects and if you saw my blog The garden shed is in the 3/4 finished stage. I can't wait til its done.. Hoping the warm weather continues here too.. have started some seeds and cant wait to get them in the garden.. Looks like next week for a good tilling and hopefully plant some of the seeds and starts... Come see me...
Cheyyl
Post a Comment