I found one You Tube recipe I really liked. It was made by Erin Bried and she says this recipe is over 100 years old. I like old things so this was another reason to try it. (Plus she has a great sense of humor)
So I picked a coffee can full of dandelion flowers. It took several weeks to collect the good ones so I kept the can in the freezer until it was full. I then cleaned them and placed them in a crock and put boiling water over the top. Here is where they sit for 3 days at room temp.
After the 3 days I then strained the juice through a cheesecloth into a large pan. I then added 9 cups of raw sugar, the juice of 4 oranges and 3 lemons. I stirred this until the sugar dissolved.
Next I strained the wine into another pot and put a packet of champagne yeast into a half cup of warm water until it dissolve then added it to the wine. Next I poured the wine through a funnel into my bottle and placed a balloon over the top. I will periodically check it to release any gases that form.
I then placed the bottle in a dark closet and here it will sit for 6 weeks. After the 6 weeks I will strain the wine again and then put it back into the bottle, taking out whatever settlement from the bottom of the bottle.
Now all I can do is sit back and try to be patient.









2 comments:
Okay six weeks and counting! I'm so glad you got a truck so you can go glamping with the sistas! I guarantee you will have a blast and come away with your cheeks hurting from laughter!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!!
Oksy gurlfren....I wanna taste this brew....you will share right.
Iused to make elder berry wine..it was pretty good too..
Good for you to try making this.
Cheryl
Post a Comment