Hubby and I decided to take a drive in my truck to make sure all was running well. We decided to check out Cottonwood Lake which we tried to see a few years back but ran into too much snow on the road to get any further in. It is located about 25 miles from Lakeview and a good five miles up winding roads into the mountains.
 |
| Cottonwood Lake |
It was so nice and peaceful back in here. I would come back and tent camp but would not want to bring my trailer here as the spaces are way too narrow for my comfort. Look how nice and calm it is.
It was too shallow for large motor boats. Looks as though only canoes and electric motors were being used. Not a lot of people, but very peaceful place.
From here we headed back towards home and I decided to check out a picnic area along the Sprague river which we have passed many times and not stopped at. It was straight down a real winding, narrow road (no trailers allowed) along the canyon wall. But only a few miles from the highway. One would never have known how pretty it is back here without driving in and checking it out.
This was a parking area next to the river. There were horseshoe pits, a large picnic area with firepit and bbq pits. It has a net set up for playing volley ball or badmitton. There were several picnic tables set out and about along the river too. A nice place to come and spend a leisurely afternoon.
 |
| Sprague river |
 |
great swimming hole

I'm thinking how nice it would be to climb in and get wet. Next time I'm bringing swimming clothes and lunch. I think I may even bring the dogs. I'm sure they would love a dip in the cool water.
Just a few hours away from phones and tv and my mind feels a little less conjested. I really should do this more often. Either that or hubby needs to go back to work. (smiling) |
No comments:
Post a Comment