It has been some crazy months for me. I have been doing many projects and back to back mini trips for the past couple months. I still have three more trips planned and then I think I will truely be ready for things to slow down.
I have had no luck in the garden this year. Our weather has been so fickle and we have been breathing some heavy smoke for two weeks from fires all around us. My cherry and pear trees did not produce anything this year. My tomatoes are green but we have had a couple nights of frost warnings. Squash never grew past its planting size, onions did not grow big, green beans were doing nicely but all of a sudden dried up completely on the vines. Now we have been watching leaves falling from my trees for two weeks as if Fall is here. What is with our weather? It scares the you know what out of me. How am I suppose to grow our own food, pesticide free, organic and be able to put up canning if I can't even grow the stuff? Must I settle for canned fruit and veggies?
Still waiting to get my greenhouse built. Our contractor pooped out on us and has'nt shown back up. Once we get home from our beach trip we will attack doing it ourselves.
I have been very busy sewing a canvas tent to look period Civil War. I have attempted several blouses and dresses in period attire but let me tell you, patterns just are'nt what they use to be as far as trying to understand them. At least that's my excuse. I have done more tearing out of seams than sewing them in, I think.
Soon I will try to share some of my photos. I have missed having the time to visit blogs and sharing with you. Hope your Summer is going better than mine. Tootles.
Monday, August 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
Girl I am with you.. This gardening sucks! and the smoke and bugs.. we have swarms of those greenies... YUK!
My onions did well ... beets and potatoes... but tomatoes forget those... GREEN still not one red one..
I think I just wanna forget the garden and spend my time camping and taking mini trips...Enjoying the time with my husband and family. Love to see your sewing projects..
Dealing with some family issues that came up today so sadly wont be able to attend the Celebration of Julie's Life..Hope to see you in the not so far future.. Enjoy the rest of the summer...
Cheryl
Thanks. Enjoy yours as well.
Post a Comment