Sunday, February 28, 2010

Saturday's Finds

Since I bought a new washing machine I just had to go into town and purchase this container. You know like when you buy a new dress you need shoes to match, or a new purse and you need a wallet to match it, you get the idea. Well I felt I needed a new container for my homemade laundry soap. lol  But, guess what? I met the owners of the Antique shop where this was, who just happened to answer a listing I had selling my old dining hutch. They came out and purchased it and spotted some old barbwire I had on the barn and he asked if I'd mind if he took some as he collects it. So I said sure, go ahead and he took a foot of it and was gonna look up what year it was made for his display. He was very happy and felt he needed to do something for me so they both said to come by the store and they would give me a deal on anything I might be interested in. So of course I had to tell her of this item I have been eyeballing for a month. So you see I am now a proud owner of this great piece. Looks like I may need to make some more laundry soap to fill it up.

While I was in town I thought I'd go on into the Home Depot to pick up some paint for an old bread box I've been wanting to paint. This is what I saw parked in the lot when I came back out of the store that I just had to share with you all as it made me giggle to see that something like this is not just in movies but here in this good ol' town where I live. Wonder what the owner looked like........
This here is a real cowboy. Wonder if he wrestled the bull he took these horns off of. Reminds me of the show the Dukes of Hazzard or was it Dirty Harry? You know, I bet the guy wears a ten gallon hat too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just love it!!! So glad you took the time to take a pic to share with us! One would see this in Texas but Oregon? Sure gave me a smile! Thanks, Gail.

Unknown said...

Love your new laundry box, as well. I have lots of barbed wire, maybe, he would like to trade, but I think you would do a better bargain than me.! Good job.