Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Some great thrift store finds

Today I have been doing a bit of sewing and hanging up some of my thrift store finds. I wasn't sure about the rooster holder but I think it works great for my plant cuttings, don't you think? The towel rack is one that will
hold three towels. I'm looking for one of the fan type for the laundry room next.

I also found this cute little chalk board so took down a clock I never really used and placed this in its spot. This will be great for leaving messages in plain site. I really like that it has a rooster on it also. I think since joining the Charming Chicks, I'm really getting into the chicken and rooster stuff. I just have to be careful what I find since I live in a really small house.

I also found this great spinning tool jar at the thrift store for $6 with the stuff inside. I was in heaven. Love this thing. Reminds me of one my father use to use when I was a kid. I'll leave the nails and things in it for now, but who knows what I may replace in the jars. Buttons, beads, thimbles, lots of things. Plus I put it up on hooks so I could take it down to whereever I may need it at the time.

Last but not least, I found these linen table runners that I have other plans for. They are in pretty good condition so will be nice to work with. I have a couple of other ones that are pretty stained so need to find a way to get the stains out. Read somewhere on MaryJane's forum to use borax and something, but can't remember what and of course cannot find it on the site again. So anyone out there who knows how to take out stains on old lines, I would love your advice.

3 comments:

April Showers said...

looks like you did great! I can't find anything laely. Have you checked out my blog lately? Still a work in progress

mtnchild said...

you did wonderful in your scroungings ... LOL

Have you ever tried lemon juice and sunshine? real squeeze it yourself lemon juice, doesn't matter if the pulp and seeds falls out. Lay the cloth on the lawn with a couple of paper towels under the stain - and just pour the juice on it. You might have to do it more than once, but it keeps old linens safe.

Now all we need is a lawn and some sunshine ... LOL - are you inclined to wait a month or two ...

Yvette

Gail said...

Thanks Yvette, I'll give it a try when weather permits.

April, could you send me your link to my email address. I have'nt been able to get on it so may have something wrong. Thanks