Have you ever watched the show about the people who are hoarders? Well I just watched two episodes of it last night and after seeing how these people lived I had to rid my home of lots of extra stuff. I would never let myself get anywhere close to what these people have done, but I'm not going to keep hanging on to stuff that never or rarely gets worn, used or seen.
Living in this small house can become cluttered looking pretty easy. So today I have spent the entire morning going through closets, bookshelves and drawers eliminating so much crap. I am loading the back of the pickup up as I fill a container or box. Tomorrow it all goes to the Mission where someone else can get some use out of it.
Now if I only had a body that would cooperate more I would be cleaning out the outside sheds as well. That I guess will have to wait for another day. Two large trash bags went up to the trash trailer that when full will be hauled to the dump. I really do like Spring cleaning as it makes everything feel so much lighter, cleaner and fresher. Now if I would quit thrifing and bringing home more stuff, naw..... that won't be happening any time soon. How does the saying go, "out with the old, in with the new", at least it's new to me.
Time to go out and get some of this wonderful sunshine today before it leaves me. We are suppose to get more snow tomorrow and I will not feel like spring cleaning then. Then I know I will come back in and find more stuff that needs cleaned or gone.
Monday, March 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
Congrats on the early Spring cleaning! Good for you, it feels so good doesn't it? You have gotten me started....I will do this today as it is sunny and I will start with a load of laundry to hang outside, my sheets, because I love the smell.
Since we can't give up thrifting, I think I will purge......have a great day and put a hold on that snow, ok? :D
Post a Comment