Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunshine and 55 degrees

Hubby and I went out snowmobiling yesterday with some friends of ours and boy what a great riding day. The sun was out and it was nice and warm, almost 55. On top of that the snow was great! When you stepped off your sled you could sink almost to your knees in places. We rode all around Medicine Lake and around the lava beds. It was so pretty everywhere we rode. The snow on some of the trees was so thick and heavy, it felt like I was in wonderland.

Believe it or not, the snow piled up in the background is on top of a cabin which is out near the lake. We stopped and had lunch and just enjoyed all the beautiful sites. The only way anyone could stay out here in winter would be to snowmobile out across the lake and then they would have to do an awful lot of shoveling just to get to their front door.
That small dot up on hill is my hubby playing around. I just sit back and watch because I'm not brave enough to try it. I just do the easy riding and site seeing.  I've braved a few small hills, but I am definetly not the first to go out and explore it. No, here I am the one who will gladly sit back and watch everyone else and I'm really very content in doing so.
Now when there is a nice open space, then I enjoy going as fast as I can. Yesterday I had that opportunity and I'm speeding out across a  huge open meadow and all of a sudden there is a guy racing beside me on both sides. That was fun. But they were braver and went much faster.
Had a great day out in God's country with good friends and chocolate cake to boot. I did have to wash it down with a nice wine cooler though. Yum!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, my gosh, that looks like so much fun, and I know it is, I have been fortunate to do it a few times. Super fun and look at the gorgeous day you had! Good for you....we always find excuses to stay at home...it is always nice to get away for a bit!