Thursday, March 18, 2010

What A View

Went out riding again last Sunday up to the top of what they call Lions Head near Medicine Lake. This is the view out from the near top of the mountain where we sat and had some lunch and took in the sites.  Isn't it beautiful?
The weather was 55 degrees and sunshine and the snow was perfect. A soft powder as we were the first to get out on the trails. We had a couple of nice snows from the weekend before and all tracks where we were had been covered up. You could'nt have asked for a more perfect ride.
The top of this mountain is all lava rocks so I did'nt ride around much on top. Just took in the view and breathed in the great fresh air. It was'nt long before we had a lot more riders out on the snow enjoying this great day. This was probably my last ride for this year as I have some trips planned and if this weather keeps warming up the snow will start melting away. I do not like riding where you have to cross some dirt to get to the snow areas. Not fun. So I will look at these pics and think of what I may see next winter. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful! Wish I could have been there to suck in some of that mountain air!! Glad you had a great time.

mtnchild said...

Absolutely beautiful!! Not many of those kind of days left, but you could now take your quad up there ... LOL
~Yvette~

Carol............. said...

Hi, Gail...pretty cool shots!

We did have fun at Maryjanes in Idaho!
Maybe we will meet again sometime.
Carol...Cheryl's friend.......