It is always nice to get away from home. Especially if you get to see family and have different things to do. I got to spend the week with my siblings, my son and my mother while staying in Idaho. We enjoyed each others company and did a lot of running around to thrift and antique stores. The weather did'nt cooperate real well but we still did manage to get out and about.

It was a lot of family in one place but we ate well and laughed a lot. I did miss the birth of 13 new baby ducks out at my mom's pond. I did see these babies walking along the canal.
We had plenty of animals around to keep everyone on their toes. There were 4 dogs, 9 cats and two birds. And there were 10 to 15 adults and kids in the house at one time or another.
The weather was really crummy driving home through rain, snow and slush and ice on the road. We saw a couple of cars slid off the road into the ditches but we stayed at 35 mph in the really slushey areas. It took a few hours longer to get home, but we made it in one piece.
Although we got to listen to my sister's new puppy wine like all get out and our other two chime in at times. Oh boy was it a treat. But look at that face, how could you not love it?
So today I looked through all my emails and have cleaned house and done laundry. Tomorrow I think I will just rest up for the week ahead and catch up on everyone else.
Happy Easter.
3 comments:
Glad you made it home safely. A very Happy Easter to you and your family too.
~Yvette~
Glad you had a good time, it is always nice to visit but really really nice to get home!!
Oh yes, good to be home... even if for a short trip away.. Family and pets included... I got home yesterday.. See you Wednesday at lunch...we will catch up on our trips..
Post a Comment